The Rule of Law and Empowerment Initiative also known as Partners West Africa Nigeria (PWAN) is a nongovernmental organization dedicated to enhancing citizens’ participation and improving security governance in Nigeria and West Africa broadly. The organization is located in Abuja, with a national and regional reach. PWAN is a member of the Partners Global network; a vibrant international community of 22 like-minded national organizations around the world, united by common approaches including participatory decision making, collaborative advocacy, consensus building and social entrepreneurship for democratic governance.
PWAN requires the services of a communications officer who would be responsible for the information and communication affairs of PWAN. The communications officer would correspond with employees and external stakeholders as directed by the management; create strategies to increase employee awareness and promote productivity. Externally, the communications officer would communicate with the media and other interested parties to announce the organizations projects and discuss organizational changes in a way that portrays and maintains a positive image of the PWAN brand.
Responsible for the organization’s communication which includes but not limited to:
- Engagement with the media, public relations firms.
- The planning and conduct of media programs and interviews, and is responsible for official communications.
- The management of the PWAN website, Blog, Social media pages(Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube).
- Development of IEC materials and infographics.
- Taking official photographs of PWAN’s events.
- The development and distribution of materials that explain or convey the organization’s policies or position on issues.
- Issuing press releases, arranging interviews, and compiling press kits.
- Running promotions, either on social media, Regular media or at physical locations.
- Overseeing media relations, including writing and distributing news releases, responding to media inquiries.
- Develop an organizational newsletter and mailing list.
- Creating and implementing an annual communications plan, in conjunction with other departments.
- Overseeing internal company communications, including internal announcements and training.
Applicants should possess the following criteria;
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, Public Relations or any other Social Science Related courses.
- At least 3 years of professional work experience in designing and executing communication activities, preferably in development programs.
- Ability to work in a team in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
- Willingness to work within short time frames where necessary.
- Very good mastering of the English language (both verbal and written).
- Knowledge of and experience with media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual Experience with communication/ creative agencies/ vendors will be added advantage.
- Ability to communicate with people outside the organisation, representing the organisation to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
- Ability to create new ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including creative contributions Proficient in use of computer applications related to the tasks.
- Experience of working with local NGOs, INGOs and government bodies would be an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should send a Cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline- Friday 15th February 2019